Air Pollution Incentives, Grants and Credit Programs
This page last reviewed February 10, 2016
These programs have hundreds of millions of dollars in grants available over the next several years to reduce emissions from on- and off-road vehicles and equipment. Vehicle and equipment owners typically must apply for funds. While ARB is responsible for program oversight, some of these programs (such as the Carl Moyer Program) are implemented as a partnership with local air districts.
- Low Carbon Transportation Investments and Air Quality Improvement Program (AQIP)
- Carl Moyer Program
- Enhanced Fleet Modernization Program (AB118)
- Goods Movement Emission Reduction Program
- Loan Incentives Program
- Lower-Emission School Bus Program / School Bus Retrofit and Replacement Account
Other Incentive and Equipment Grant Programs
A variety of other programs provide incentives for actions that reduce emissions, for technology demonstration projects, and other clean air initiatives.
- California Parking Cash-Out and Federal Commuter Choice Programs
- Convert Diesel-Powered Irrigation Pumps to Electric
- Hydrogen Stations and Vehicles - Demonstration Projects
- Incentives for Alternative Fuels and Vehicles
- Innovative Clean Air Technologies (ICAT) Program
- In-Use Diesel Stationary Ag. Engines
- Non-toxic Dry Cleaning Incentive Program
- Voluntary Accelerated Vehicle Retirement Program - Vehicle Scrap Programs
Other State and Federal Financing Information Links
The following links provide information regarding State and federal air quality financing opportunities.
- CoolCalifornia Funding Wizard
- Environmental Financing Resources for California Businesses
- U. S. EPA Grants and Environmental Financing
- On-Bill Financing for Small Business
- SBA Guaranteed Loan Programs
- SBA Direct Resource Packets
- Clean Vehicle Rebate Program
- SouthCoast Air Quality Management District Rebate Program
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District Rebate Program
State Emission Credit Resources
The following links provide information regarding emission reduction crecdits and other offset programs.
- Emission Reduction Credit Transaction Cost Summary Report
- Interchangeable Emission Reduction Credits
- Mobile Source Emission Reduction Credits Program
- New Source Review / Offsets
- Non-Toxic Dry Cleaning Incentive Program (AB998)
- Power Plants (Guidance Resources)
- Tax Credit Certification Information
- (See also the District Rules Database for local air district credits programs.)
If you require further assistance, please contact the Ombudsman.